Skip to main content

BUKO PIE

I got this recipe in a website but I revised some of it until I got the "almost-perfect" outcome..




Buko Pie Recipe

Ingredients:

Filling:

  • 2 cups buko meat (shredded or scraped)
  • 1 cup buko juice
  • 1/3 cup cornstarch
  • 1 cup milk (I used full cream milk)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup sugar (or more)


Crust:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup butter (cut into small cubes)
  • 1/3 cup iced cold water
  • 2-3 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt (no need to add if you are using salted butter)


Procedure:
Filling

  1. Dissolved the cornstarch in buko juice.
  2. Heat the milk and add the sugar before it boils. mix.
  3. Add the buko meat and the vanilla extract. cook for about 5 minutes
  4. Pour the buko juice-cornstarch micture and stir until thick.
  5. Turn off the heat and let it cool.


Crust
Preheat the oven to 375°F

  1. Sift the flour together with the salt and sugar.
  2. Put the butter and cut with pastry mixer or with two knife.
  3. Add the cold water little by little, mixing in between until it resembles a coarse crumbs.
  4. Knead a little and form a two ball.
  5. Roll out and flatten the two balls. (The first one is the base of the crust and the other one is for the top.)
  6. Spread the flatten the 1st dough into your pie plate and pour in the filling mixture.
  7. Pour the filling mixture into the crust.
  8. Flatten the second dough and cut it into 1 inch width and length as the size of the pie. put it on the top and seal the edge. You can brush the top with eggwash.
  9. Bake until golden brown.


That's it! Happy Baking!




Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Monday: Favorite Mug

I started my Monday with my favorite coffee at my working table. This mug happens to be my favorite mug, too!  Happy Blue Monday! You may want to check other's blue entry by clicking the badge bellow:

GT: clothesaholic

Hi! it's my first time to join this Girl's talk contest! I wann give some try! I want to wear this kind of dress... kaya lang, hindi ako nabiyayaan ng magandang harapan, LOL! walang kakapitan!

GT: Techie Talk

I'm a techie person but I don't have enough budget to buy all those latest gadgets. my laptop and cellphones, camera and handycam were all given to me. :)) as of this moment, i want to have this one: hopefully i'll have it in a month or two. I really like it's feature and yet affordable (pero need pa ring pag-ipunan) Samsung Champ Duos WiFi E2652W  the second one that i would really wanted to have is an Apple Ipad. it would really a big help for if  I would have this. Sa klase ng trabaho ko na nakatutok sa PC, kahit i'm out I'd still can do my work. Apple Ipad