Skip to main content

siopao recipe

siopao recipe


My kids love siopao. I remember there were times they eat siopao almost everyday. My Tita Nida was the one who encouraged me to make it.

This is my own version of siopao.

Siopao Dough:

  • 4 T sugar
  • 1/2 cup warm milk
  • 1/3 cup warm water
  • 2 tsp active dry yeast
  • about 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Siopao Filling:
  • about 250grams of pork
  • 2 tbs vegetable oil or just plain oil 
  • 1/2 cup minced onions
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 4 tsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbs sugar
  • 2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbs water






Procedure:

1. Dissolve 2 tbs sugar in milk and water (dapat warm para maging active ang yeast). Sprinkle the yeast and let stand in warm place until bubbly, about 10-15minutes.
2. Gradually add remaining sugar, 2 cups flour and salt. Add more flour as needed hanggang sa maging sticky ung dough.
3. Place dough on a lightly floured space and knead until smooth and elastic (about 6 – 8 minutes). Place in an oiled bowl, i-cover ng elastic film or katsha and let rise until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour).
4. While waiting for the dough to rise.. cook the Filling.. just a simple gisa.
5. Prepare dough. Punch down dough para mawala ung excess na air sa dough. knead until smooth. Then Cut into 12 equal pieces, rolling each piece into a ball. Cover.
6. Flatten each ball and roll into a circle about 4 – 6 inches in diameter. Place 1 heaping tbs of filling in the center. Gather edges of circle over the filling; twist and pinch edges together to seal.
7. Let stand for another 15-30 mins then steam for 15-20 mins.



Comments

  1. an sarap nman..si jopay endorser na yata ng siopao mo ah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! mouthwatering! thanks for sharing your siopao recipe. I love siopao too but it's great if homemade coz we never know what they stuff on when bought commercially! hehe! have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Monday: Favorite Mug

I started my Monday with my favorite coffee at my working table. This mug happens to be my favorite mug, too!  Happy Blue Monday! You may want to check other's blue entry by clicking the badge bellow:

GT: clothesaholic

Hi! it's my first time to join this Girl's talk contest! I wann give some try! I want to wear this kind of dress... kaya lang, hindi ako nabiyayaan ng magandang harapan, LOL! walang kakapitan!

GT: Techie Talk

I'm a techie person but I don't have enough budget to buy all those latest gadgets. my laptop and cellphones, camera and handycam were all given to me. :)) as of this moment, i want to have this one: hopefully i'll have it in a month or two. I really like it's feature and yet affordable (pero need pa ring pag-ipunan) Samsung Champ Duos WiFi E2652W  the second one that i would really wanted to have is an Apple Ipad. it would really a big help for if  I would have this. Sa klase ng trabaho ko na nakatutok sa PC, kahit i'm out I'd still can do my work. Apple Ipad